Image by Amanda Temple

Monday, May 3, 2010

Garter, Hair flower and more

Well, there's two more things to check of the list! I ordered my garter and hair flower from ETSY. For those of you not familiar, ETSY is a place to buy and sell handmade goods. They have so many items to choose from. I also found some cool applique's to dress up some of my other clothing while hunting for wedding goodies!

The garter was purchased from a vendor called Simply Weddings who specialize in hand made garters.  I'm not a huge fan of lace or ribbon or beaded strings on garters.  We all have our own style.  I searched for about an hour on Sunday before I decided on this one. 

The hair flower took a VERY long time to decide on.  I went to a shop here off from Park road while Mom was here.  I found one that I liked, but it was $60.  If it were anything I'd wear again, I could see spending that much.  We found one at a store in southpark for maybe $5 that I bought just to have an option.  I wasn't completely satisfied so, I went scouring the internet.  I finally found the ones shown here from ETSY vendor Heknowsmyname.  She carries Headpieces, Veils and Jewelry.  This option was great b/c I can either wear one, two or all three.  I really need my jewelry to come in and have my hair trial before I make the final decision. 

After our creating my Bridal Bling for the tank and bikini bottoms I decided to look for some appliques to help dress up some other clothing items.  I found a few pretty cool ones from ETSY vendors Mary not Martha and Deepwater Trading Company.  I have not decided what items of clothing I will use these for as of yet.  Once they come in I will play around with them to decide.  This should make for a pretty fun project.  We will see what happens. Who knows, I might have to buy some more to dress up tank tops and t-shirts.  I really love the one on the left that goes over the shoulder.  I have a good idea for that one, but it may just look good in my head!  :)

1 comments:

Robin said...

I like the simplicity of the garter, it fits your style.

I like the flowers a LOT!

Looking forward to see what you do with the appliques.

Love ya,

Mom

Post a Comment