Image by Amanda Temple

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Makeup adventure

Oh the makeup experience yesterday was drama. I called Sephora Friday to see if I needed an apt to get the new HD line applied and they told me that I didn't. Well, they did and required a $50 gift card purchase. This is the very short version as there was a lot of back and forth between several employees to determine how they were going to handle my make up test application. I ended up telling them "at this point I don't want you guys to waste your time as I would never buy a product from this store based on the service I've received so far". The ladies response " ok, have a nice day" and walks off.   REALLY?

Andi tells me about this makeup she bought from Estee Lauder that had great coverage for her Caribbean cruise. We head over to Belk to see if I can get an application.  The lady that I talked to was VERY nice and told me that they had an Estee Lauder makeup expert in and that she could do my whole face.  She explained the different products and determined that the Double Wear Light would look best in pictures and would be long lasting.  They made me feel like I was the only one there and did a great job on my makeup as well as giving me advice on application.  It was a WONDERFUL experience!!! 

I ended up getting a really bad migraine, so we were not able to get pictures in the right sunlight.  I drove home, took my drugs.  When I woke up and looked at myself in the mirror, the makeup still looked great.  I watched a tear jerker and the makeup still looked great!  I've definitely found my makeup for the wedding.

1 comments:

Kristina - West Hartford CT DJ said...

Estee Lauder products were very reliable!I had a foundation and some make ups sets of their brands!

Post a Comment